This episode is part of the Happy Campers Interview series.
Since April 2020, Nicole Rivera has been hosting an online writing community intensive called the Happy Campers Club. Now Nicole is writing the Stop Writing Alone book about all of her experience with writing community, and wanted to the perspective from the members in the club. This is one interview toward that end.
Susie Taylor is a copywriters, blogger, fiction writer, mom, and all around compassionate human being. In this episode Susie shares her mission behind her Stix-n-Stones blog and FB group, her tips on being a copywriter, the story of how she gained ownership of the title “writer,” and how writing community has helped her through all of these stages.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Susie Taylor’s
- Blog https://stix-n-stonez.com/
- Website https://susietaylorwrites.com/
- Stix-n-Stonez FB Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/946183662777871
- American Writers & Artists https://www.awai.com
- The Barefoot Writer https://www.thebarefootwriter.com/
- Music for coffee break from freesound by lemoncreme https://freesound.org/people/Lemoncreme/sounds/186942/
- Stop Writing Alone Bookshop https://bookshop.org/shop/Stopwritingalone
- NV Rivera YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpPlp1EVzQhDFPdGp5w2KoQ?view_as=subscriber
- Stay connected to learn about all Stop Writing Alone stuff — get on Nicole’s email list: https://mailchi.mp/ff8df93e57dc/penpals
- Buy Nicole a coffee (AKA support the podcast!) https://ko-fi.com/stopwritingalone
Places to connect to the STOP WRITING ALONE community and introduce yourself:
- Stop Writing Alone FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/stopwritingalone/
- Join the Stop Writing Alone with Nicole Rivera FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2205774733034348/
- Stop Writing Alone website: https://stopwritingalone.com/
- Join the Stop Writing Alone email list: https://mailchi.mp/ff8df93e57dc/penpals
- Stop Writing Alone Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/stopwritingalone/
- Nicole’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/nv_rivera
- The Stop Writing Alone voice number (call to introduce yourself!): (646) 907-9607
When you find a group of people who lift you up on a daily basis, it is important to share their awesome. Here are links to the women in Nicole’s Mastermind group (currently going by the name The Voxer Vixens!). Please support these women who do so much to support Nicole on a daily basis!
- Kim A. Flodin https://www.kelekilove.com/
- Lisa Murray https://ihavedreamsdammit.com/
- Claire Oldham West https://slimmingstories.podbean.com/
- Johanna Jaquez-Peralta https://www.instagram.com/latina_livin_keto/
- Emma Isaacs https://www.instagram.com/emmaisaacsdesign/