This episode is part of the Happy Campers Interview series.
Since April 2020, Nicole Rivera has been hosting an online writing community intensive called the Happy Campers Club. Now Nicole is writing the Stop Writing Alone book about all of her experience with writing community, and wanted to the perspective from the members in the club. This is one interview toward that end.
Joanne Aartman is currently writing a memoir about her travels. She shares many of her travel stories on her blog https://iconicbackpackerstories.com/ as well. In this interview Joanne discusses her experiences with writing community in and out of Stop Writing Alone, as well as her process for developing her memoir. She talks about the power of finding the right critique group.
To Join Fall 2021 Happy Campers Club:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Iconic Backpacker Stories https://iconicbackpackerstories.com/
- Joanne Aartman Instagram https://www.instagram.com/iconicbackpackerstories/
- To Join Fall 2021 Happy Campers Club: https://mailchi.mp/2a02299ec7e6/85cs7uh6w7
- Music for coffee break from freesound by lemoncreme https://freesound.org/people/Lemoncreme/sounds/186942/
- Stop Writing Alone Bookshop https://bookshop.org/shop/Stopwritingalone
- NV Rivera YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpPlp1EVzQhDFPdGp5w2KoQ?view_as=subscriber
- Stay connected to learn about all Stop Writing Alone stuff — get on Nicole’s email list: https://mailchi.mp/ff8df93e57dc/penpals
- Buy Nicole a coffee (AKA support the podcast!) https://ko-fi.com/stopwritingalone
Places to connect to the STOP WRITING ALONE community and introduce yourself:
- critiquegroups, critiquepartners, happycampersclub, iconicbackpackerstories, joanneaartman, nicolerivera, onlinewritingcommunity, stopwritingalone, writingeventsStop Writing Alone FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/stopwritingalone/
- Join the Stop Writing Alone with Nicole Rivera FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2205774733034348/
- Stop Writing Alone website: https://stopwritingalone.com/
- Join the Stop Writing Alone email list: https://mailchi.mp/ff8df93e57dc/penpals
- Stop Writing Alone Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/stopwritingalone/
- Nicole’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/nv_rivera
- The Stop Writing Alone voice number (call to introduce yourself!): (646) 907-9607