In an effort to bring light to the devastation brought on by the California wildfires to the home of previous guest and friend of the Stop Writing Alone community, Lisa Murray, this week I am repairing Lisa’s interview from the summer of 2019, with a request to make a donation to the go fund me page for La Borgata Winery.
GO FUND ME PAGE La Borgata Fire Relief Fund — LNU Complex Fire https://gf.me/u/ytk9rp
Lisa Murray, filmmaker and podcaster, shares her advice for connecting with community, remaining present so we can *pay attention* and live our truest lives while nurturing our creative spirits. Lisa discusses her upcoming film festival, creating her latest documentary, her podcast I HAVE DREAMS DAMMIT! as well as previous work as a reader for Hollywood film studios. Nicole and Lisa also discuss the challenges of dealing with loss of friends and family and the effects it has on one’s creative endeavours.
This episode was sponsored by The Creative Ways Podcast. Head to https://emmaisaacs.co.uk to get your fun freebie today!
Visit the Stop Writing Alone website to sign up for the email list to get The Stop Writing Alone Reusable Writing Prompts pdf, and to find links to all of the Stop Writing Alone shops!
Mentioned in this episode:
- Lisa Murray’s website: https://ihavedreamsdammit.com/
- I Have Dreams Dammit! Podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/i-have-dreams-dammit/id1449508412
- The AG & Art Film Festival (Lisa’s Film Festival!) https://agandartfilmfestival.com/
- The Valley Film Festival (put on by Lisa’s friend) http://www.valleyfilmfest.com/valleyfilmfest/app/home
- Soul Providers Documentary website (film by Lisa Murray) http://www.soulprovidersdocumentary.com/home.html
- I LOVE YOU, MAN IMDB page https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1155056/
- I Have Dreams Dammit Meditations https://ihavedreamsdammit.com/meditations
- Rocks, Pebbles, and Sand: A Story-bite About the Important Things in Life https://storlietelling.com/2013/08/07/rocks-pebbles-sand-a-story-bite-about-the-important-things-in-life/
- DIARY OF ANNE FRANK https://amzn.to/2IEAlcz
- Barnes & Noble YA Book Club https://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/young-adult-book-club
- AGAIN, BUT BETTER by Christine Riccio https://amzn.to/2WGUxo6
- Stop Writing Alone Bookshop https://bookshop.org/shop/Stopwritingalone
- NV Rivera YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpPlp1EVzQhDFPdGp5w2KoQ?view_as=subscriber
- Stay connected to learn about all Stop Writing Alone stuff — get on Nicole’s email list: https://mailchi.mp/ff8df93e57dc/penpals
- Buy Nicole a coffee (AKA support the podcast!) https://ko-fi.com/stopwritingalone
Places to connect to the STOP WRITING ALONE community and introduce yourself:
- Stop Writing Alone FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/stopwritingalone/
- Join the Stop Writing Alone with Nicole Rivera FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2205774733034348/
- Stop Writing Alone website: https://stopwritingalone.com/
- Join the Stop Writing Alone email list: https://mailchi.mp/ff8df93e57dc/penpals
- Stop Writing Alone Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/stopwritingalone/
- Nicole’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/nv_rivera
- The Stop Writing Alone voice number (call to introduce yourself!): (646) 907-9607
When you find a group of people who lift you up on a daily basis, it is important to share their awesome. Here are links to the women in Nicole’s Mastermind group (currently going by the name The Voxer Vixens!). Please support these women who do so much to support Nicole on a daily basis!
- Kim A. Flodin https://www.howinthehellpodcast.com/
- Lisa Murray https://ihavedreamsdammit.com/
- Claire Oldham West https://slimmingstories.podbean.com/
- Johanna Jaquez-Peralta https://www.instagram.com/latina_livin_keto/
- Emma Isaacs https://www.instagram.com/emmaisaacsdesign/