Join a writing prompt party
STOP WRITING ALONE
Whether you’re planning on writing a novel, a memoir, or keeping up with an online platform of personal essays and short stories, the one thing that helps every writer is regular writing in community. Why not make it fun?
What we’ll write
Each week Nicole will introduce a new writing prompt tool, which the group will then use to write a short piece in a timed exercise.
What we’ll learn
At least four different prompt tools which can be used individually or with local writing groups, how to write on a timer, the protocols for running a writing prompt meeting.
Weekday writing warriors, let’s write over lunch! This group will meet for five Thursday afternoons in live video writing prompt parties with Nicole Rivera and five writers (max).
Four weeks of
- learning new prompt exercises
- shared writing time
- read alouds and feedback
- learning prompt meeting protocols
One final week of
- a mini writing workshop critique session using one of the works from the previous weeks
- tips on where to sell & share your writing
- check-in (and cheerleading) for any NaNoWriMo 2019 participants
- pdf downloads to complement each week’s activities including the prompts, writing tips, and tips on running your own writing prompt group
- an introduction to the writing workshop model and critique
- exclusive discount codes for future events and to the Stop Writing Alone shop
- Lifetime access to the Stop Writing Alone Prompt Party FB group
- YOUR OWN SMALL WRITING COMMUNITY
$97 (if booked before Oct. 1st)
$197 regular price
CLICK HERE TO BOOK NOW!
(there are only five slots available)
WANT TO TRY BEFORE YOU BUY?
Join the LIVE writing prompt video conference to get a taste of what the month long writing prompt party course will be like.
We will gather together on a web call for one hour to discuss a writing prompt tool, then we will have a timed writing exercise and then we will read aloud the writing we created.
Zoom can be accessed via computer or phone (if you have the zoom app)
No extra equipment required. Just come ready to WRITE!
About Nicole Rivera
Nicole Rivera is the host of the Stop Writing Alone podcast where she’s been sharing her love of writing community since January 2019. She hosts a local writing group and is ready to bring that experience to you.
- The Writing Cooperative
- The Partnered Pen
- Word of the Nerd
- Onward Podcast
- JUMP podcast by Rebeca Flott